Friday, November 9, 2012

Act like a lady, think like a man.

If there is one thing I can emphasize to all the women out there who are dating it is read all the self help books you can. Don't follow them verbatim but it is beneficial to at least read them. My two personal favorites are: He's Just Not That Into You and Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. Both have been made into movies for your viewing pleasure.
I say that reading these are important because, although every relationship is different and their are a few exceptions to the rule, most of us do fit into the category of the rule. One thing that both of those books stress is to trust your gut. Many of us (most) don't listen to this. I know I am guilty of it every time I date. You get that feeling where they do something you don't like and you look past it as maybe it will change or maybe it's not what you think...it's always what you think.
In Steve Harvey's book he stresses the fact that you cannot change a man. A man will only change for one woman and chances are if you are unhappy, you're not the woman.
One thing I have personally learned about myself is that I date jerks. I have discovered the reasoning behind it as well. I don't think I deserve guys that have a lot to offer. If they own their own house, have a degree, a decent job, I feel as though I am not good enough. Which in reality those are the guys I should aim for. The more reason women date jerks is they don't think high enough about themselves. Well it's time I start thinking more of myself. Start seeing me how others see me.
I am letting my friends pick my dates from now on. This should be interesting. I will blog about the adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment