Friday, August 3, 2012

Fly like an Eagle...

If you want to be spectacular, you have to work for it.  No one said a life worth a story telling would be easy.  You have to bust your ass to make it fabulous.  On average women tend to put themselves last at everything.  Whatever we are feeling, what we want to do, hell even what we want to eat...we put everyone else ahead of ourselves.  It's pure instinct I believe. 

I have enrolled for the spring semester of college.  It's about time I start living the life I will be proud of, one that my son will be proud of.  I want to get my degree and finish college because I want him to do the same.  Studies show that children whose parents attend and finish college are more likely to do the same.  I want a great career, I want to be able to do something, make a difference.  I want to change lives.

For those of you who have participated in the "Save Chick-fil-a" stuff, please do me a favor and unfriend me on facebook now.  Delete my number from your cell phone, and just remove yourself from my life.  I am ok with people having opinions and you are entitled to your own, I just don't think I could have people in my life who wouldn't want everyone in the world to feel the love they feel for their spouse, or the love they hope to feel one day.  I can't associate with people who wouldn't want everyone to feel that way regardless if they feel that way for someone of the same sex.  I don't care what the bible says, I don't care what everyone thinks God has said. I don't care.  If God doesn't like it that's his problem.  I will live my life according to how I think is right.  I don't believe denying people love, human rights, and equality is right.  No God I believe in would ever do that to anyone.

I am willing to take the change of not getting into heaven, if God so chooses, to help people feel love and warmth and like they belong down here.  I don't know what's going to happen when I die, I can't control it. To base how I act on a book that was written, re-written, translated more times than imaginable, and not even 100 perfect factual...is insane.  I don't understand how some scripture can be followed to a t but others get to slide by.   I would rather take my beliefs for equality and love for the entire human race over some fear of the unknown.  I am willing to take that chance.

I want my son to grow up to believe that everyone is deserving to find their true love, regardless if they have the same anatomy or now.  All we need is love, right?

I want to get a Bachelors in Sociology.  The study of people.  I want to try to understand how people can feel one way but choose to see a situation in another way out of fear of the unknown.  Not that I will ever find that one out b/c I don't even think the people themselves fully understand that concept. My career intentions are to work for DHS, to help single mothers, like myself, that don't qualify for anything.  I want to show them that it is possible to make something of yourself without government help.  It's ten times more hard, but it can be done.

Life hands you lemons, sometimes he hands you more than the next person...but with a little TLC and hard work...you can make the best lemonade b/c you have more ingredients ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment