Saturday, November 5, 2011

Once a Scumbag...

      Good day my loves!  It has been a while. I've been at a loss for words, as with everything there is so much I have wanted to write about, but I couldn't collect my thoughts enough to put them on here.  Lets face it, I am no Carrie Bradshaw :) Life has been good.  Normal woes but hey what do you expect from me?
      I never thought I would be a "conservative" parent.  In a lot of ways I don't guess I will be.  I have caught myself lately changing the radio station due to the music playing while my son is in the car.  Having conversations with other parents I never thought I would have.  It's strange that moment you realize that you aren't the parent you always thought you would be.  I think whatever kind of parent I am it is going to be great for Hayden. I just never pictured myself being the parent who censored anything...
        My mom informed me that my sister had no intentions of joining the family for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  This upset me greatly.  For those of you who know my sons past, know that holidays are a very big deal to me.  I did not spend thousands of dollars in a court room for everyone not to be there on my holidays (which as you also know have turned into me every year :) ) I am just so upset because so much in his life has been inconsistant. So much family has crapped out on him.  I was hoping that mine would always come together for at least 3 days out of the year.  Put their differences aside, and just be a happy family for 3 days out of the year.  Is it so much to ask?  I am pretty peeved about the whole thing.  I just don't understand how someone could be so childish as to take their personal feelings and opinions out on a child.  It's unfair.
       I am almost completely done shopping for Haydens Christmas.  I now need to go get his picture taken and start stocking up on frames to give as gifts.  The joy of being a parent is people are excited to get pictures of your offspring.  I won't lie, I am pretty thrilled that some stores are already playing christmas music.  It makes me happy!
       As with all my blog I must turn to the men.  So here goes.  I am still on my sabatical.  I have learned a few things these two months that I have been on it also.  Men are pigs and everything happens for a reason.  For example, just because I had a crush on you in JR. High and you had one on me in SR high doesn't mean I am going to meet you for a lunch time rendevous and get jiggy with it in your truck ok.  What would your pregnant wife think?  I am worth so much more than that, always will be.  I don't know if guys just assume because you are a single mother that you have no self respect or self worth and that you "need" them.  Well buddy, I have plenty of both and I need no man.  If I can't do it myself it doesn't need to be done. 
       Today is November 5, 2011.  My main goal for the day is to make sure I take Hayden to visit the potty every hour.  We are going to chill at the house, clean up, watch tv, and really crack down on the potty training business.  Much love to you all.  And remember: NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.  I believe Elenore Roosevelt or someone like that said that...no matter who said it, take it with you and live it.  You are beautiful, you are worth it, if a man doesn't see that then don't waste your time.  Also, men don't change.  Once a scumbag...always a scumbag.

                                Love ya!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment