Saturday, July 14, 2012

25 before 25

With my 24th birthday approaching, I have decided it's time to get a list together of 25 things to do before turning 25.

1. Lose 40 lbs
2. Watch every StarWars movie
3. Get a concealed weapons license
4. Go back to College
5. Sing Karaoke in public
6. Go ice skating
7. Read Great Expectations
8. Go out to eat alone
9. Take Hayden to the ocean
10. Run a 5k
11. Go horseback riding
12. Volunteer more
13. Hike a mountain
14. Make a pinterest craft every month
15. Paint a picture
16. Take a mommy only weekend
17. Go to the Memphis Zoo
18. Keep my car clean
19. Take a yoga class
20. Walk in heels (well)
21. Go camping
22. Go dancing
23. Take themed pictures with Hayden every month
24. Visit Altus
25. Get tinted windows for my car

This list is mainly about me. As a mom our everyday lives are about our children and what we can do for them, we often lose sight of ourselves. In order to be a good parent, you have to retain your individuality. You have to be a person, not just a mom. My identity is a mother, but I am also so much more.

Mother is my favorite role, my most important. I feel in order to raise my son right, I have to show him that it isn't my only title. As a parent your world revolves around your child. Example: this post. It was about 25 things I want to do before I turn 25. I have gone off subject and have started talking about being a mom.

So moms, remember to do something for yourselves. You have to have a good balance though. So I hope you al stick with me as I embark on my list. Hopefully by Friday September 13, 2013 I will have crossed off every one of those on the list.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment